When to exit?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DAVID KING
    Participant

Hi Lewis, I can’t wait to here the news! If amazing, sounds like the results could be usable.

Anyway, great work by you!

Have a good weekend all,

Dave.

John Murphy
    Participant

On Thursday I took advantage of the London tube strike by working at home which meant I could do some live trading. Pretty choppy day ending up with small losses but no big deal. I’m just wondering whether July and August are relatively quiet trading wise given the holiday period.

Lewis, as you have been trading fairly consistently is there any evidence of a change in your eyes.

Thanks for the ongoing discussion, very interesting. I think Rich did say that large engulfing candles should also be avoided as they expose you to quite a high level of risk given where your stop loss would be and the amount of reward you would need given the level of risk exposure.

John

Lewis NicolsonLewis Nicolson
    Participant

Hi John,

I have read some webpages about trading through summer but I dont think I can count them as solid evidence haha, However, I follow a duo called Jason Stapleton and Akil Stokes who are both technical traders, and they often say that these months can be slower for trading. I personally havnt noticed a huge difference as of yet, well that been said, I’ve been away on holiday for long weekends here and there over these past couple of months. I also only started trading in January, so i don’t have enough experience yet to have a valid answer.

The likes of GBPUSD right now, I have only been aiming for around 2:1 trades, since it has been choppy and directional bias has been pretty rotten, infact I think last week was the first time I had used that market for a long time since it hadnt shown any directional bias at all. If the markets are choppy then the best thing to do is just stay out them, theres no point wasting capital on them. I have mostly been involved in USDJPY lately because its been the only one thats had some directional bias. Also, EURGBP has been good, and also AUDUSD. i dont really know if this has anything to do with it being summer or not though.. but i guess you could be right, it does seem to have slowed down a little 🙂

Cheers,

Lewis

***EDIT****

Im going to get through the rest of these engulfing candles today, so i will get the results out ASAP. I will be shaking on coffee by the end of this hahaha

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.