Read this before you post!

Welcome! Forums Forex Breakthrough Academy Forum Read this before you post!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    FXBA adminFXBA admin
    Keymaster

Welcome! This is the place to be if you want to become a better trader. So here are a few things to bear in mind when posting in the group:

Be supportive and try and help others before expecting to get help!

If you have a support query this is not the place to get help – Just email [email protected] or ring 0208 597 0181.

The FXBA team visit the page frequently and will comment as and when we can but we hope you will all support each other too.

No complaining zone – this is to be a positive place to get support, ideas and advise. This is not a place to moan and complain!

Constructive Feedback – when you give feedback to other members please remember to choose your words carefully. It’s absolutely fine to give constructive critiques but bear in mind words on a screen can be seen more harshly than you intend.

Above all, be respectful. And most of all, enjoy. We hope this will be a resource you visit and learn from every day.

Please read through the full forum guidelines here before you post: Forum Guidelines

Happy trading!

Malcolm Stuttard
    Participant

hi fellow students i am excited to be onboard can someone help me what program is required to upload screen shots from mt4 thankyou malcolm.

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Malcolm, welcome to the forum!

Here’s a handy little program (free) that you can use for screenshots: https://evernote.com/skitch/

Robin Gould
    Participant

How do I post an ETX graph on the forum? Some of my graphs are getting cluttered with multiple trend and straight lines, that need removing. Clicking on them does not raise a delete box (at the ends of the lines)?

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Robin,

Try double-clicking on the line first (to get the little white boxes at the ends) and then right-click on it to get the drop-down list of options. If you still have trouble, right click on the chart and choose ‘objects list’. You’ll see a list of all the lines associated to that chart and you can choose the one you want to work with from the list.

To add a screenshot of your ETX chart:

1) Take a screenshot – you can use the ‘print screen’ feature built into windows and paste the image into a program like Paint. Or you can use a program like Skitch (see above for link).

2) Save the image (File > Save in either Paint or Skitch)

3) Attach the image file to your forum post by using the ‘choose file’ button you’ll see below the typing space.

John Murphy
    Participant

Rich,

Is there any way to have the forum set up so that any new posts are notified by email? I know you can be notified of specific threads but would like an option to have all posts notified.

Regards

John

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi John, just waiting for an answer from the tech guys on the blanket post alerts. Will keep you informed.

John Murphy
    Participant

Any answer from the tech guys Rich on blanket post alerts?

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Sorry, it looks like you can only receive alerts for threads that you individually select. There isn’t an ‘all threads’ alert option available in the management console.

John Murphy
    Participant

Rich,

I’m being a bit of a pain but I do think that having the ability to see latest posts in a filter rather than trawling through each would be very useful. I visit a forum based on this script and find that it is very easy to follow new postings and the like. I appreciate you may have little flexibility on the platform you are using but do believe users would benefit from the features provided by this alternative forum.

Hopefully the link will work okay.

Regards

John (PS thanks for the heads up in the webinar about my CTRL+B tip)

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Many thanks for sharing the link (and your thoughts about the forum platform). I’m no software techie myself but I’ll see if there is a way we can filter the threads.

John Murphy
    Participant

Rich,

Any updates on this request as yet?

Regards

John

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi John, It looks like we’re limited to the functions of the current platform for the moment but an upgrade to the forum software is certainly something to be considered when the next site updates are carried out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.