Monthly Opening Range-

Welcome! Forums Forex Breakthrough Academy Forum Monthly Opening Range-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keith Graham
    Participant

Hi Rich

Can you clarify one point please ?

In your tutorial you mention the period to look at as between 0800 hrs. and noon, yet later on you draw the line from 10.00hrs

when 0800 hrs is clearly the higher point

Regards

Keith Graham

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

It’s because the Metatrader platform shows the time on the broker’s data server rather than local time. My ETX platform is 2 hours ahead of London (it shows European time) so to lock onto the 08:00-12:00 time window (London time) I needed to look at 10:00-14:00 on the ETX chart.

John Murphy
    Participant

I’ve done the exercise at the end of the Control piece and thought I’d post the screenshots here as they relate to the MOR.

You’ll see on both that the overall direction is a sell although there is also some MOR bound range days as well. I think the EURUSD shows the pulse and pullback a little more clearly but there is little doubt about the overall directions and how trades would be made. Some good profits to take as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Looking good, John. You can see how MOR & Control kept you trading to the short side all the way on these charts.

John Thurlbeck
    Participant

Above screenshots of MOR for EURUSD and GBPUSD Hourly charts Broker timeframe one hour ahead of GMT. Ive learnt something new and now looking forward to using this new found technique this next week! Cheers Rich 🙂

John Thurlbeck
    Participant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Looking good John! Don’t forget to refer back to the daily chart too for your ‘control’ reading.

Glad you’ve picked up a new technique 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.