Welcome – new class members!

Welcome! Forums Forex Breakthrough Academy Forum Welcome – new class members!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Jones
    Participant

Hi Rich

Started the course yeaterday. As I’m now retired I have time to devote to full time trading. I was wondering how I was going to pass the days. I have been trading part time for a few years, mostly losing, much like the others here and purchased all the rubbish doing the rounds. Looking forward to being able to know why I’m making the decision to buy or sell and ultimately see some positive figures in my trading account.

Tony

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Tony, Great to have you with us! Take in the material at your own pace and please do shout up if you have any questions.

Charles Humpoletz
    Participant

Hello, I joined a week ago. I’ve spent three years, thousands of £ and thousands of hours trying (failing) to learn how to be consistently profitable. I’m really hoping you can help me get it right this time!

I can’t commit much time to this at the moment but hopefully I can make a start.

Thanks for all the help to come

Charles

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Charles, Great to have you with us 🙂

Remember it’s always just about the probabilities and shout up if you need any help along the way.

All the best,
    Rich

Helen EdwardsHelen Edwards
    Participant

Hi – i have just started this course and loving it.

I am a mac user – is there any recommendation from people over which broker to use that supplies metatrader for a mac, or should i just opt for one that uses metatrader via the web.

Helen

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Helen, nice to see you here in the forum 🙂

GKFX do a Mac specific version of MT4. If you go to their platforms page here you’ll find the clickable icon for it (it’s down near the bottom of the page). Their offering on this account is good – 10p per pip minimum stakes etc.

All the best,
    Rich

Helen EdwardsHelen Edwards
    Participant

Hi Rich,

I am just working through the Trading Tools section.  One question that came up for me was on setting the MOR.  rich you talk about 8:00 – 12:00 UK time and adjusting if your broker uses European servers for example.  How do I know what time setting my broker is using for where his servers are based?

I am thinking about going with GKFX as they do Metatrader for Mac / and web trader option.

Helen

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Helen,

Here’s how you’d do it…

Just check the current 60min bar that’s printing against the current UK time. If you find the bar is 2 hours ahead (so say the bar is labelled 11am when it’s only 09:23 in the UK for example) you know the time offset is 2 hours and you’ll need to make that manual adjustment to find the right bars on your chart.

(I’m pretty sure you’ll fine GKFX 2 hours ahead of London.)

All the best,
    Rich

Paul Dowd
    Participant

Hi Rich started a few day ago, done a few years trading off and on, not made or lost any money really, because I have not committed properly. I am now retired and will be able to give it my best shot so hopefully yours is the one, I have tried many systems and mainly failed because I never really gave them a chance, because I would get busy doing something else.
    I have started the lessons and will attach my mor for the gbpusd and eurusd there appears to be some trading potential on both.
    the eurusd gave some buy opportunity but also sold off above the mor. The gbpusd gave both selling and buying opportunity, and then sold off on that eventful day, to head were nobody knows.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, great to have you with us 🙂 Good observations on your MORs. And interesting times indeed for GBPUSD!

Paul Dowd
    Participant

Morning Rich
    these are my efforts for exercise 3 and 4

Attachments:
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Paul, looking good. I couldn’t resist adding a few extra countertrend lines (good for those intraday targets on the ‘test’ days) 😉

Attachments:
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.