Trade of the week

Welcome! Forums Forex Breakthrough Academy Forum Trade of the week

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I’ve held off posting this thread for a while because I didn’t want anyone to feel rushed, but I’d really like to start showcasing some of the trades you’ve been finding out there in the wild.

Far from being a case of blowing your own trumpet (although there’s nothing wrong with being proud of a good trade!) a review of your actions can actually inspire other traders to do their own great things. And in just the same way I hope you’ll find inspiration from the activities of other traders too.

It’s simply a case of posting a screenshot of your chart, just like you do for the practical exercises, and including a few notes about your initial ‘battle plan’ idea for the trade and how you managed it on the day. So let’s hear all about the best opportunity you found each week.

You can post whenever you like so don’t wait until Friday if you nailed a corker on Tuesday afternoon 🙂 And feel free to post more than one a week. If you end up hitting your stride in a breakaway market let’s see your trades day-by-day!

Lewis NicolsonLewis Nicolson
    Participant

Hi team,
    I was using a demo account for a number of days at the start of this course but i quickly changed to live trading because you dont have the emotions running when trading with a demo. I havnt kept the demo trades :/ but off to a good start in my live account placed 10 trades so far and won 5, lost 5, but because my risk to reward has been on my side, its been very nice to see my pips increase in number.

Anyway, my favourite trade to date was USDJPY. I based this on filling the gap from the weekend, It did have its downfalls which i understand, as the market is going against the uptrend on the daily chart. However, the market had been moving up during the night so assumed that the market had turned round, and through studying gap trading, it put it more than likely in my favour that the market would fill the gap. the market was above the MOR and DOR and I had a solid target to aim for.

I entered the market the first time and was stomped out, then entered again on the larger entry signal (shown in the circle) then the market went up, I knew the news was coming up at 13:30 (or 13:00, cant remember) so pulled out the trade a couple of minutes before and then the news changed the direction of market.

gold line shows the entry, pink line shows the exit.

that trade happened on 1/07/15 @ 9:45

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan Marland
    Participant

Hi Rich,

“Far from being a case of blowing your own trumpet (although there’s nothing wrong with being proud of a good trade!)”
    With this in mind would you share some of your trades with us? Personally I would find it very educational to see the ones you wanted to publish on the forum.

Have a good weekend.

Regards

Jonathan

Lewis NicolsonLewis Nicolson
    Participant

Hahah! I second that! Rich shows us what you’ve got! No pressure 😉

Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Yep, no worries. I’m especially looking for opportunities where positions can be built and run so I’ll try to give a heads-up for what’s on the radar too.

Jonathan Marland
    Participant

Hi Rich,

Great – thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.