Exercise #5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gustaf ErikssonGustaf Eriksson
    Participant

Here’s a cool chart, showing two nice entries, one of which could easily have generated 6-700 pips! The other on around 9 o’clock would have added some to this ..
    I’ve marked 3 engulfing candles and “the” MA crossover with engulfing candle as well.

Of course, hindsight makes it all so obvious!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rich FittonRich Fitton
    Keymaster

Hi Gustaf, that was certainly a lovely strong move. Now, to convert that hindsight you mention into foresight πŸ™‚

Lewis NicolsonLewis Nicolson
    Participant

you would need to be very careful with that. That move came from nonfarm payrolls. If it went against you it could of left you with a few bruises.

Gustaf ErikssonGustaf Eriksson
    Participant

Yep,

shame to say I didn’t realise that until well past posting the chart! But yes, you’re quite right, it’s best usually to be out of them market when there’s an important economic announcement coming up (or at least have very defined stoploss set up!).
    But still, it’s interesting that the indicators actually worked in this ase – and it is an impressive illustration!

Lewis NicolsonLewis Nicolson
    Participant

Yeh, a while back I put it on the forum about the news going against me. And the slippage was quite drastic, like took way more pips off me than my stop loss was at.

Anyway, Its good to see newcomers to this forum. So welcome πŸ™‚

Cheers,

Lewis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.